Re: gcc version for ia-64 linux

On Sep 14, 2001, hiufungeric.tse@utoronto.ca wrote:

> sorry for getting a simple question. I would like to know the latest stable
> version of gcc for linux ia64 (seawolf). Do u know where i can get it?

Seawolf (AKA Red Hat Linux 7.1) already comes with a stable version of
GCC.  You may want to check the Red Hat Errata web page for updates,
though.  If you want to give GCC 3.0.1 a try, you may download the
sources from gcc.gnu.org, or get pre-compiled binaries for Red Hat
Linux at Red Hat's Rawhide.  I'm not positive they would run on 7.1,
though, since there may be dependencies on shared libraries, etc.  In
this case, upgrading to Roswell (Red Hat Linux 7.2beta, currently
available for i386 and ia64) may be the easiest way to get GCC 3.0.1
working, unless you're willing to go build GCC 3.0.1 from the sources,
of course :-)