I have a question. This is not a bug.

  Hi. My name is Dave Liefer and I am a software engineer at the Boeing
corporation. We are in the process of updating GCC from version 2.95.2 to
3.0. Is there some detailed documentation we can download that explains in
detail how to install/upgrade GCC/g++ on a HP-UNIX 10.20 machine? Also do we
need to update libstdc and libstdc++ ? The compiler works but we can't get
code that previously compiled with version 2.95.2 to compile with version
3.0. Several things occur: 1). It gives all kinds of warnings about end of
line characters missing from files. 2). Eventually drops out with errors.

In addition, we have had problems getting any debugger to work with code
that's been compiled (w/ debugging option ) under g++ (using gcc version
2.95.2 or higher). The debugger is unable to step through any of the source
code. It just stays on the same line when you hit the next button. The
debuggers we have tried are DDD version 3.2.1 and xxgdb version 1.12. Using
DDD v3.2.1  we get the following warnings:

GNU DDD 3.2.1 (hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20), by Dorothea Ltkehaus and Andreas
Zeller.
Copyright  1995-1999 Technische Universitðt Braunschweig, Germany.
Copyright  1999-2000 Universitðt Passau, Germany.
(gdb) break cds.cpp:146
Breakpoint 1 at 0x214f88: file cds.cpp, line 146.
(gdb) run lnsysu1 5122
Starting program: /data/hsclcs/spio/dave/sim_dpc lnsysu1 5122
warning: Unable to find __d_pid symbol in object file.
warning: Suggest linking with /opt/langtools/lib/end.o.
warning: GDB will be unable to track shl_load/shl_unload calls

Breakpoint 1, CDS_Class::initialize (this=0x4000fa78) at cds.cpp:146
Current language:  auto; currently c++
(gdb)

I am not clear about what those warnings mean and have not had the time to
do much of an investigation. If you have any information that may help us
fix this problem it would be much appreciated. One last question. Is there a
way for a company to purchase support through somebody to install/upgrade
versions of GCC? Again. I appreciate any help that your group can provide.
Thanks.

                                                              Dave Liefer
                                                              Embedded
Software Engineer 2