gcc3.0: how to use template's?

Hi,

I get the following error, when I try to compile the following taglib.cpp
via g++ -c taglib.cpp

In file included from taglib.cpp:1:
taglib.h: In function `const std::string gucky::tag::const_singleTag(const
T&,
   const std::string&)':
taglib.h:18: parse error before `it'

The same .cpp compiles and works just fine using MSVC6SP5
and SUN Forte C++ v6.1.

Thanky for advice,
Bruno
----
taglib.cpp:
#include "taglib.h"

----
taglib.h:
#ifndef TAGLIB_H
#define TAGLIB_H

#include <string>
#include <map>

namespace gucky {
     namespace tag {
          /** const_singleTag queries the given container for the given tagname
           *   and returns the value of the first found element.
           *   If several elements with the same tagname exists it is undefined which element is selected.
           *   @param t container to query
           *   @param tagname to query
           *   @returns the value of the element selected by given tagname or "" if tagname not present
           */
          template<class T> inline const std::string const_singleTag(const T&t, const std::string& tagname)
          {
               const T::const_iterator it = t.find(tagname);
               if (it != t.end())
                    return it->second;
               return "";
          }