DSP16xx Target

I'm trying to compile GCC with target DSP16xx. But, when I'm configuring
it, I receive a message saying that BFD doesn't have a target for this
processor. The Binutils I'm using was downloaded from the CVS.

It seems that people who use GCC for DSP16xx don't use GAS, LD, etc. So,
which assembler and linker should I use with GCC for this processor?
Does anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks,

--
Guilherme Ottoni