Re: hostent_data struct

On Jul 13, 2001, Carla Nunes <carlanunes@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm using Linux 2.96-RH and I'm trying to compile a
> code that uses the hostent_data struct. However I got
> a message like that:

> "aggregate 'hostent_data hd' has incomplete type and
> cannot be initialized"

Indeed.  hostent_data doesn't appear to be a standard struct, and
glibc doesn't define such a type, as far as I can tell.  This means
the code you're trying to compile will have to be ported to GNU/Linux.

Anyway, this question has nothing to do with GCC.  GCC is a compiler;
the C library is a separate project.