expression templates with large values for template-depth lead to memory exhaustion

Hi,

is there any possibility to ask gcc to economize its
meory consumption.
I have ET-Code which drives gcc to request more than
900 MB of memory (not available here).

I guess I have to reorganize my code not to evaluate erverything at
compile time (e.g. stay behind the theoretical maximum in runtime
performance)

Q: How goos is gcc-optimization of function calls through abstract base
class?

Q: Which type of code is the most expensive regarding memory consumption
of gcc?
[ ] traits
[ ] partial specialization
[ ] explicit specialization
[ ] nested templates
[ ] recursive membership (a template has itself with different args as
memebr)

Thanks for helpful answers,

Markus