RE: Still problems with latest CVS for arm-elf (cygwin)

Hi David,

>dir is mounted text mode.  In particular, I've never had any trouble
>with the .md or other config files, except when I've forgotten to use

I didn't have a problem with 2.95.2, but sometime in more recent versions
this behavior has become broken on cygwin.

>the textmode path to invoke the toplevel configure command.  I haven't
>investigated or experimented, but I've wondered if it somehow relates to
>the mode of the /tmp dir, which an awful lot of files pass through on
>their way from one place to another.

The instructions Red Hat provides for building the ARM tools (as part of
the eCos install process) specifically say that /tmp should be mounted in
binmode. Normally /tmp is just an inheritor of the (binmode) / mount point,
so this is the default behavior.

>   Hmm.  A second thought occurs to me: you aren't using winzip to untar
>the source, are you?

No, these sources were obtained directly using cvs. It's all very mysterious.

-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
Embedded Engineer, Digi-Frame Inc.
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Tel (914) 937-4090 9am-6:30pm M-F ET