Re: gcc configure problem

> I installed gcc 2.95.2, but I ran into problems when trying to build apache,
> so I de installed it. I'm trying to install it again, I get the following
> error.

>     configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

You still need a compiler to compile your new compiler.  :)

You've probably got the original gcc binary on your machine somewhere, and
it's not in the path.  (ie /usr/bin/gcc).  You can change your path
statement in /etc/profile or ~/.profile or just export a system variable
of CC=/usr/bin/gcc.  Just be sure to use the actual path to your gcc bin.

You can also download a binary package of gcc install it, and use it to
re-compile gcc to your liking.

Good luck!
Billy