From: Sonia Cortassa [mailto:intech@cpsarg.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 12:59 PM
To: help-gcc@gnu.org
Subject: I need some help with an stability analysis subroutine package (first part)

Hello!
I am writing because I am currently using a software for continuation and bifurcation analysis in ordinary differential equations. Its name is AUTO and was created in 1986 by E. Doedle at Caltech. I must admit I am not a program developer, neither am I familiar with fortran 77 synthaxis. I am just able to run this software as a tool for my studies of models of biological systems. Some people have helped me to install this software in a GNU/Linux operating system that I am now using with g77.
My specific question is the following: I need to use it to evaluate stability in a large model (11 variables) and the problem is that the output files only display the first six variables. I know it is computing all the eleven variables since in the unit where the eigen values are stored there are 11 of them but the units 6, 7, 8 and 9 where the actual value of the variables is printed does not display them all. My question is how can I modify the software, since I know it is able to deal with up to 25 variables, for it to display all the variables I need?
Attached you'll find the source code of the preprocessor of the AUTO package called "AUTPRPD.F" and the subroutines library "AUTLIBD.F" (due to size reasons this file was divided in two files AUTLIBDa .F and AUTLIBDb.F this second file is attached to another message)
Thank you very much in advance for your help
Sonia Cortassa

Sonia Cortassa, PhD
Instituto Tecnologico de Chascomus,
Casilla Correo 164