Help installing GCC in IRIX 6.5

I'm trying to install GCC compiler for IRIX 6.5 from the binary distribution
that The Written Word provides
(ftp://ftp.thewrittenword.com/packages/free/source/gcc-2.95.2/gcc-2.95.2.tar
.gz)

We followed the process recommended in the installation document but when we
try to make the links to the common directories, the file
/opt/TWWfsw/gcc29/tww-inst/make-links does not work. Please advise if there
is anyother way to go through this process, or what other solution would
there be.

We really appreciate any help you can give us. This is very important for
us, we are stuck in a project because of this issue.

Thanks,

    -VBP

Victor Beltran