flex/bison library troubles

Title: flex/bison library troubles

halo...
        iam working on a project to help debugging of C programmes. The functions include  identifying global variables and list of functions which modify or use these variables, call graph of functions and checking for Coding coventions. Iam using Flex and Bison to generate parser that could help me perform the functions. The bison rules and tokens in my project take semantic value type as character pointer so as to retrieve the string values for each rule. Iam finding that the sematic values of a rule is appended values of all tokens identified in the bison stack. I have also tried using global variables to store semantic values for each rule and token, but they again get appended with new token values which i dont intend to do using my code. I'll be thankful if you please help me on it as soon as possible. I want to have character pointer as my sematic type and the semantic values for each rule need to be detremined in actions in bison grammar.

regards..
jeyapandian k