Re: where is g++ 2.95.2 supported?

On Aug 10, 2000, Martin Sebor <sebor@roguewave.com> wrote:

> I've seen statements made by frequent contributors to the gcc mailing
> lists and elsewhere at gcc.gnu.org to the effect that g++ 2.92.2 is not
> supported on some platforms (e.g., DEC OSF/Tru64 5.0, or HP-UX 11) and
> shouldn't be used there.

Correct.  People seem to have been able to build GCC on those
platforms after a little bit of hacking, but it doesn't work
reliably.  Sometimes it's just a different conception of the sizes or
definitions of basic types, sometimes it's more serious alignment
problems (as is the case for sparcv9).  After this minimal hacking to
get GCC to build, it *appears* to work fine, but eventually you'll
find that these minimal hacks weren't a complete port.