Re: Problems with binutils

On Aug  4, 2000, "Dhananjay Naniwadekar" <nani@globalsight.com> wrote:

> I downloaded binutils-2.9.1-sd-11.00.depot.gz file for my hp-unix version
> 11.

We can't help, (i) we're the GCC team, not the binutils team and (ii)
we only provide sources, in .tar.gz format.  If you need help with
.depot files, ask it to the people who provided you with this file.

> Do we need to download binutils to compile gcc? gcc binaries simply don't
> work.
> Should we download binutils after compiling gcc or before compiling gcc ?

You need both in order to be able to compile anything.  So, if you
don't have any compiler tool-chain pre-installed, you'll need
pre-compiled binary versions of both packages.