How was my conpiler configured?

I have a nachine running SuSE6.4 Linux and I have installed (and used
for some time) the gcc compiler in binary form.

I now need to compile some threading code and so I need a version of the
compiler that was built with the --enable-threads configuration.

How can I determine the configuration of my compiler (or does anyone
know the configuration used by my Linux distro?)

Thanks

John O'Connor