Re: libstdc++ included?.

[snip]
> - libstdc++ - only headers ? Well, the STL consists only of templates
> and
>   classes with inline methods (because the methods are always very small
>   and inlining definately makes them much faster).

Actually, libstdc++, when built, contains static and shared libraries as
  well as headers. The library is only mostly templates, and some of these
  templates, like std::string, std::ostream, std::fstream, etc are
  commonly used, so there is a benefit to putting instantiations of these
  templates in a library.

As for getting libstdc++, libstdc++-v2 is packaged with gcc 2.95.2's c++
  front end. If you get the gcc-2.95.2.tar.gz tarball, you have
  libstdc++-v2 . If you get the gcc-core-2.95.2.tar.gz and
  gcc-g++-2.95.2.tar.gz tarballs (you do need both them, despite what I
  told another poster a few days ago), you also have libstdc++-v2 .

sourceware.cygnus.com/libstdc++ is the home page for libstdc++-v3.

libstdc++-v3 has many important bugfixes and improvements over
  libstdc++-v2, and it may be the standard c++ lib for the next
  version of gcc .... but it is still experimental right now.

Note that libg++ is obsolete, and unecessary for almost all c++ programs.

As for Jack Smith, it is unfortunate he had such a bad experience, but
  I do not understand how to help him.

[snip]