Re: gcc symbol names

> I built the egcs 1.1.2 compiler and am now having symbol name problems.
> I have some old libraries that use a different naming scheme and I would
> ike to know how to make the new gcc match the old gcc names.  The
> difference is quite simple.  Using nm:
>
> old name: _$_blahblahblah
> new name: _._blahblahblah
>
> How do I get the gcc I compiled to use '$' instead of '.'?
>
> Any and all help is appreciated.

You'll have to give us some more details that that. What target system
are you using? What is the exact spelling of the symbol? I very much
doubt that it is '_._blahblahblah', because it looks like a C++
destructor name, but that it would have to be '_._12blahblahblah'.
There might be a very good reason for the change in the mangling; or
it might be configuration problem.

Regards,
Martin