Re: GCC 2.95 and Solaris 2.7 (using GCC 2.72 built on solaris 2.5) problem

>   1) Was I right to rename (and make a new empty) gcc include
>   directory before installing?

No. gcc produces those at installation time for a purpose, namely, to
fix known errors in the system header files. This means you cannot
lightly move a gcc installation from one operating system to another -
even if they are relatively similar, such as Solaris 2.5 and Solaris
7. In theory, re-running 'fixincludes' might help, but that is only an
option for experts.

>   2) Why am I having a problem with varargs.h?

I don't know. From your message it was not clear what *exactly* the
error message was you where getting, or what commands had been
producing it.

I recommend that you install a binary version of gcc 2.95.2 on your
system instead; follow the binaries link at the gcc.gnu.org.

Regards,
Martin