Egcs version usable with Oracle 8.05 on RedHat linux

Hi,

I intend to install Oracle 8.0.5 standard edition on RedHat6. I
read the posts about the glibc patch: from my understanding,this
will host a RH52/egcs 1.03 compatible runtime on RH6.

Now my question is: does that mean that all OCI/Pro*C
development that I intend to do on that platform will have to
use that release of the compiler?

It'd be nice to use egcs112 (or even gcc 2.95 now that it's
released), for I primarily develop in C++. This is probably more
a binary compatibility issue between egcs/gcc releases than an
Oracle specific question, but if you have any experience in that
area, I'd be glad to know.