Re: header files for win32 systems

In article <37BA4B8B.5C98AA7E@metz.une.edu.au>,
Ron Crump  <rcrump@metz.une.edu.au> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have installed the MINGW32 port of the GCC compilers (ver2.95)
>on my windows 95 machine. This was with a view to installing some
>software which is in use on a number of unix variants. The software
>doesn't do anything like graphics, so I thought it would be realtively
>straightforward to compile. However, I didn't get very far before
>I hit an error, with search.h not available.

Mingw uses MS runtime, which does not provide lots of the features
you may expect on Unix, such as the existence of insque/remque etc
in search.h (which btw is SVR4, and not specified by POSIX).

If you really want to port Unix/POSIX code, a much better bet would
be Cygwin or UWIN or Interix etc. See

http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/x86-win32-ports.html

for various different ports and pointers to home bases.

Regards,
Mumit