GNU CC

Dear Sir,

          I am currently using  a i860 simulator.We thought of writing
programs in C.
        We wanted to make use of the GNU   CC  to create crosscompiler
for i860.
           After downloading the stuff,from the net ,we came to know
that GAS  doesnot   supports the
           i860.  It is specified clearly that for  cpu'like i860
,GAS,GDB ,GLD should be used if we
            want to  use GCC. So we cannot use our own Assembler.
            In my case host and build  systems  were  same-Pentium-S.
            Target is i860.(target= i860-intel-bsd(or Coff) ).
Is there any way to make it work ?

            It would  be vey kind of you ,if you could  provide some
information  regarding this.

             Right now we are going through the source code of the
Binutils  so that we a can get a clue of it.

        Place
:Bangalore,INDIA
waiting for  your  reply
        Date