mktime() - Segmentation fault: If it is a multithread unsafe problem?

Does' anybody know how to resolve my problem:

Our development team wrote a multithread program which is running
in Solaris.
There is a strange error:
The program is running in server 1 but crash in server 2,
and we get the exit information indicating a segmentation fault.

I xxgdb this program, and find the error is take place at the
calling of mktime().
when I man mktime(), I find there is an comments,
MT-LEVEL Unsafe

Is this the right reason for this problem?
How to resolve it?