This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug libstdc++/81797] gcc 7.1.0 fails to build on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra):
- From: "fxcoudert at gcc dot gnu.org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 22:52:06 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libstdc++/81797] gcc 7.1.0 fails to build on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra):
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #12 from Francois-Xavier Coudert <fxcoudert at gcc dot gnu.org> ---
(In reply to Francois-Xavier Coudert from comment #10)
> The only thing I can think of is that maybe, just maybe, it's due to
> filesystem timestamp granularity? My 10.13 system is running on APFS
> filesystem, which has 1 ns granularity (smaller than 1 s for HFS+).
Some potential confirmation of this: compiling with the 10.12 Xcode 8 on the
10.13 machine with APFS leads to the same error.
Another difference between HFS+ and APFS is file ordering: “Calling readdir(2)
on a directory in APFS returns filenames in hash order, whereas HFS+ returns
filenames in lexicographical order.”