This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug libstdc++/81797] gcc 7.1.0 fails to build on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra):
- From: "fxcoudert at gcc dot gnu.org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 20:16:49 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libstdc++/81797] gcc 7.1.0 fails to build on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra):
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-81797-4@http.gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/>
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=81797
--- Comment #5 from Francois-Xavier Coudert <fxcoudert at gcc dot gnu.org> ---
I've also found one case where the error is slightly different (also "make
-j4"):
make "AR_FLAGS=rc" "CC_FOR_BUILD=clang"
"CC_FOR_TARGET=/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/build/./gcc/xgcc
-B/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/build/./gcc/" "CFLAGS=-g -O2
-m32" "CXXFLAGS=-g -O2 -m32" "CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD=-g -O2" "CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET=-g
-O2" "INSTALL=/usr/bin/install -c" "INSTALL_DATA=/usr/bin/install -c -m 644"
"INSTALL_PROGRAM=/usr/bin/install -c" "INSTALL_SCRIPT=/usr/bin/install -c"
"LDFLAGS=-m32" "LIBCFLAGS=-g -O2 -m32" "LIBCFLAGS_FOR_TARGET=-g -O2"
"MAKE=make" "MAKEINFO=makeinfo --split-size=5000000 --split-size=5000000
--split-size=5000000 " "SHELL=/bin/sh" "RUNTESTFLAGS="
"exec_prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.1.0"
"infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.1.0/share/info"
"libdir=/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.1.0/lib/gcc/7"
"includedir=/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.1.0/include"
"prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.1.0"
"tooldir=/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.1.0/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0"
"gxx_include_dir=/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.1.0/include/c++/7.1.0" "AR=ar"
"AS=/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/build/./gcc/as"
"LD=/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/build/./gcc/collect-ld"
"RANLIB=ranlib"
"NM=/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/build/./gcc/nm"
"NM_FOR_BUILD=" "NM_FOR_TARGET=nm" "DESTDIR=" "WERROR=" all-recursive
Making all in include
mkdir -p ./x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/bits/stdc++.h.gch
mkdir -p ./x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/bits/stdc++.h.gch
/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/build/./gcc/xgcc -shared-libgcc
-B/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/build/./gcc -nostdinc++
-L/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/build/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/i386/libstdc++-v3/src
-L/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/build/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/i386/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs
-L/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/build/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/i386/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/.libs
-B/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.1.0/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/bin/
-B/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.1.0/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/lib/ -isystem
/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.1.0/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/include -isystem
/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.1.0/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/sys-include -m32 -x
c++-header -nostdinc++ -g -O2 -m32
-I/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/build/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/i386/libstdc++-v3/include/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0
-I/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/build/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/i386/libstdc++-v3/include
-I/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++ -O2
-g -std=gnu++0x
/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/libstdc++-v3/include/precompiled/stdc++.h
\
-o x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/bits/stdc++.h.gch/O2ggnu++0x.gch
/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/build/./gcc/xgcc -shared-libgcc
-B/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/build/./gcc -nostdinc++
-L/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/build/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/i386/libstdc++-v3/src
-L/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/build/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/i386/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs
-L/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/build/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/i386/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/.libs
-B/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.1.0/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/bin/
-B/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.1.0/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/lib/ -isystem
/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.1.0/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/include -isystem
/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.1.0/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/sys-include -m32 -x
c++-header -nostdinc++ -g -O2 -m32
-I/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/build/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/i386/libstdc++-v3/include/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0
-I/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/build/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/i386/libstdc++-v3/include
-I/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++ -O2
-g
/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/libstdc++-v3/include/precompiled/stdc++.h
-o x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/bits/stdc++.h.gch/O2g.gch
/private/tmp/gcc-20170813-56216-v7ncm/gcc-7.1.0/libstdc++-v3/include/precompiled/stdc++.h:56:10:
fatal error: cstdbool: No such file or directory
#include <cstdbool>
^~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[9]: *** [x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/bits/stdc++.h.gch/O2g.gch] Error 1
After make aborts, the contents of the include folders in that build are:
bash-3.2$ ls x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/i386/libstdc++-v3/include/
Makefile complex experimental
numeric stamp-debug
string
algorithm complex.h ext
optional stamp-decimal
string_view
any condition_variable fenv.h
ostream stamp-dual-abi
system_error
array csetjmp forward_list
parallel stamp-experimental
tgmath.h
atomic csignal fstream
profile stamp-experimental-bits
thread
backward cstdalign functional
queue stamp-ext
tr1
bits cstdarg future
random stamp-extern-template
tr2
bitset cstdbool gstdint.h
ratio stamp-host
tuple
cassert cstddef iomanip
regex stamp-namespace-version
type_traits
ccomplex cstdint ios
scoped_allocator stamp-parallel
typeindex
cctype cstdio iosfwd
set stamp-pb
unordered_map
cerrno cstdlib iostream
shared_mutex stamp-profile
unordered_set
cfenv cstring istream
sstream stamp-profile-impl
utility
cfloat ctgmath iterator
stack stamp-std
valarray
chrono ctime limits
stamp-allocator-new stamp-tr1
variant
cinttypes cuchar list
stamp-backward stamp-tr2
vector
ciso646 cwchar locale
stamp-bits stamp-visibility
x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0
climits cwctype map
stamp-bits-sup stamp-x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0
clocale debug math.h
stamp-c_base stdexcept
cmath decimal memory
stamp-c_compatibility stdlib.h
codecvt deque mutex
stamp-cxx11-abi streambuf
bash-3.2$ ls x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/libstdc++-v3/include
Makefile complex experimental
numeric stamp-debug
string
algorithm complex.h ext
optional stamp-decimal
string_view
any condition_variable fenv.h
ostream stamp-dual-abi
system_error
array csetjmp forward_list
parallel stamp-experimental
tgmath.h
atomic csignal fstream
profile stamp-experimental-bits
thread
backward cstdalign functional
queue stamp-ext
tr1
bits cstdarg future
random stamp-extern-template
tr2
bitset cstdbool gstdint.h
ratio stamp-host
tuple
cassert cstddef iomanip
regex stamp-namespace-version
type_traits
ccomplex cstdint ios
scoped_allocator stamp-parallel
typeindex
cctype cstdio iosfwd
set stamp-pb
unordered_map
cerrno cstdlib iostream
shared_mutex stamp-profile
unordered_set
cfenv cstring istream
sstream stamp-profile-impl
utility
cfloat ctgmath iterator
stack stamp-std
valarray
chrono ctime limits
stamp-allocator-new stamp-tr1
variant
cinttypes cuchar list
stamp-backward stamp-tr2
vector
ciso646 cwchar locale
stamp-bits stamp-visibility
x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0
climits cwctype map
stamp-bits-sup stamp-x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0
clocale debug math.h
stamp-c_base stdexcept
cmath decimal memory
stamp-c_compatibility stdlib.h
codecvt deque mutex
stamp-cxx11-abi streambuf
I am not sure what other information I can pass on…