This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Another build problem under hpux 10.20 with current cvs source
- To: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Subject: Re: Another build problem under hpux 10.20 with current cvs source
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 12:07:17 -0700
- cc: aoliva at redhat dot com, gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Reply-To: law at redhat dot com
In message <200101051840.NAA04996@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>you write:
> I dropped to -O2 and I am passed the failure point.
That's the difference. I rarely bootstrap with special options.
> This might be rename
> registers clobbering the return pointer again. That one is hard to trace
> because the machine goes off to never-never-land. We need to find a soluti
> on that you like for the return pointer bug.
> > I did a bootstrap today with just a twiddle to reorg.c to avoid the
> > abort due to the virtual stack vars problem.
> The abort is in resource.c. What did you do to reorg?
SOrry. The routine in question *used* to live in reorg.c, it got moved to
resource.c a year or so ago. My mistake.