This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Removal of support for GCC hosted on UWIN
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-announce at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Removal of support for GCC hosted on UWIN
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 00:39:17 -0800
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
We've learned that the usage of GCC on U/WIN involves a violation of
the GNU GPL, linking GCC with a non-free third-party support library;
therefore, we have removed the support for such usage.
Note that GCC is merely a special case: it is a violation of the GPL
to link *any* GPL'd program with the U/WIN support library.
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com