Legacy patches - should I wait?

I have some patches to support some legacy Fortran features. As I understand it development is now restricted to regression testing and documentation fixes.

When would it be suitable to submit patches for "new" features?

I have two that are ready barring last minute checks:

i. using default widths in formats for f, g and i specifiers
ii. allowing a blank specifier following a comma, e.g. "(I6,)"

Thanks.

--
https://www.codethink.co.uk/privacy.html