Start up routine in Fortran executables

Hi
I am porting gnu fortran. But on running it goes to
the MAIN__ and gives segfault if MAIN__ contains
PRINT. Otherwise running fine.

I want to know is there anything to be set up in the
start up of the executable and what is to be done for
smooth terminations. i.e. crt file kind of things.

Please guide me. Are there any notes on that.

 - vikram