Re: gfortran IRC meeting?

Dear All,

I think that this Sunday is too soon to muster many people.  On the
other hand, I am not available next weekend because I am attending a
wedding in Yorkshire.  The following weekend is fine.

I thought that you might take that view of array descriptors, Tobias
:-)  We will have to discuss how to do it; the stumbling block for me
is the dimension triplet.  The rest is even easy but tedious.

I think that unlimited polymorphism can be implemented rather easily
by having a unique derived type symbol and using it in the same way as
gfc_ss_terminator.  Implementing arrays of unlimited polymorphic
entities is one as the same problem as implementing deferred length
character arrays.  In either case, the size of the object in bytes
will have to be carried either as a character length, as at present,
or in the array descriptor.  Then either pointer arithmetic can be
done or the upgraded dimension triplet used for referencing.

Cheers

Paul

--
The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
? ? ?? --Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy