[ GSoC ] Bit Iterators, trivial relocatability, and performance

 Dear libstdc++-dev Community,

     I hope this e-mail finds you all doing well. My name is JeanHeyd
Meneide and I am interested in participating in the Google Summer of Code,
2019.

     I have put together a preliminary proposal for working on
_Bit_iterator and overloading several standard algorithms to improve their
performance characteristics, following the wisdom of the 7 year old Howard
Hinnant writeup on vector<bool> (
https://howardhinnant.github.io/onvectorbool.html). I also want to look
into algorithmic performance improvements related to
is_trivially_relocatable. The proposal can be found at:
https://github.com/ThePhD/gsoc-2019-bit/blob/master/proposal/gsoc-2019.pdf

     I know the student application section for GSoC isn't open yet, but I
wanted to gain early feedback on this and was advised by people to post
here. (If this is the wrong place, I can post it elsewhere, such as the
typical gcc-dev list?)

Sincerely,
JeanHeyd Meneide