This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Share ebo helper throughout lib
- From: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>
- To: François Dumont <frs dot dumont at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 21:53:29 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Share ebo helper throughout lib
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Wed, 25 Jul 2018, François Dumont wrote:
It has already been noticed that there are 2 ebo helpers in the lib. Here
is a patch to use 1.
* include/bits/ebo_helper.h: New.
* include/Makefile.am: Add latter.
* include/Makefile.in: Regenerate.
* include/bits/hashtable_policy.h: Adapt.
* include/bits/shared_ptr_base.h: Adapt.
Tested under linux x86_64.
Ok to commit ?
I don't think we support [[no_unique_address]] yet, but assuming we soon
will and we enable it also for C++03 (at least with the __attribute__
syntax and/or in system headers), do you know if some similar helper will
still be necessary, with a simpler implementation, or if the attribute
will magically get rid of it?
(I haven't looked at it at all, the answer may be obvious)