This is the mail archive of the libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the libstdc++ project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: [PATCH] Only define __cpp_lib_constexpr_char_traits for C++17


On 15/06/18 16:46 +0100, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
This macro should not be defined unconditionally.

The macro isn't official (it was proposed in P0426R1 but doesn't
appear in SD-6 or the drafts, or the C++2a working paper) so I haven't
added any tests. Ideally we would have negative tests for each feature
test macro, to make sure they aren't defined when the feature isn't
available. I've done a review and this seems to be the only problem.

	* include/bits/char_traits.h (__cpp_lib_constexpr_char_traits): Only
	define for C++17 and above.

I'm going to backport this to gcc-7-branch and gcc-8-branch too,
because a feature test macro that lies is worse than no feature test
macro at all.



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]