Re: Pretty printers for versioned namespace

On 13/02/17 21:04 +0100, François Dumont wrote:
On 31/01/2017 15:42, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

I don't know what is the impact of it but is there a plan to allow version 2.69 to work out of the box ?

No. It's fairly easy to use the right versions.

Just for my info, is there some blog/doc explaining why not upgrading to latest version ? Aren't those tools better in latest versions ?

There's nothing wrong with the versions we use, and upgrading can
cause problems. I don't know the details. But it's not difficult to
use the right versions.

   Otherwise thanks for your tip on how to manage this, it worked fine.

Attached is the latest patch. It is working fine with and without versioned namespace.

However to validate it I had to manually change default use_versioned_namespace value in register_libstdcxx_printers function. This is because when running pretty printers tests, in the generated .gdb file we have:

python register_libstdcxx_printers(None)

So always using default value (False) even if versioned namespace have been activated. Can you advise on how to consider this when running testsuite pretty printers ? Using again configuration ? Looking for some definition in __7:: namespace in gdb-test.exp gdb-test proc and adapt register_libstdcxx_printers call depending on the compilation result ?

Ah, I forgot about that generated file. Something like that should
work.