This is the mail archive of the libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the libstdc++ project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Remove algo duplication


Hi,

On 09/16/2013 10:46 PM, Marc Glisse wrote:
On Mon, 16 Sep 2013, Paolo Carlini wrote:

On 09/16/2013 04:54 PM, Marc Glisse wrote:
By the way, I thought someone had contributed less<void> and the others already, but I can't see them. Did I imagine that patch?
Humm, I guess so :-) Jon has definitely some work in the making but I don't think he mentioned it. Thus, I suppose we are looking for volunteers ;)
How much do you hate macros? What would you think of something like this (with better macro names)? Does this C++03 emulation even make sense?
(not sure how to handle doxygen with this)
Well, for sure we already have quite a bit of macros in the allocator area. I wish Jon could also give his opinion... I'm not sure however to understand in detail how much of this is just helper code for the algo duplication work, and how much is implementation of standard facilities. I suppose however, that we should cleanly separate the C++11 code from the C++98 emulation and have the latter only in predefined_ops.h or something.

In terms of details, we are trying not to use the deprecated unary_function / binary_function, not even as implementation details. In fact if we find ourselves often doing that, I don't see why we deprecated the facilities ;) Anyway, I seem to remember that there are concrete issues, like deprecated warnings in some cases aren't completely shut up in system headers, etc. Let's try to avoid those.

Paolo.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]