This is the mail archive of the
libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: building for embedded targets
On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 13:32:53 -0600
Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr@integrable-solutions.net> wrote:
> > Dunno if that is a valid target, assuming aliases to avr-elf?
>
> Hmm, I think AVR always uses ELF so I guess '-elf' is implied... I was
> just copy-n-pasting target specifcation from AVR libc website
>
> http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/install_tools.html
>
> that is completed to avr-unknown-none. (I -think- that is correct.)
>
> I configured and built the compiler with --enable-languages='c,c++'.
> While I have avr-g++, I could not find anything libstdc++ related
> built. I could not decide whether that was as "intended" or just a
> bug in the configure script. I would have expected to see things
> like numeric_limits, but could not find it. I am unsure about
> operator new (AVR libc has malloc).
Sometimes you need to "make all; make all" to get a complete build.
-benjamin