This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [build] Move gthr to toplevel libgcc
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Rainer Orth <ro at CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- Cc: John David Anglin <dave dot anglin at nrc-cnrc dot gc dot ca>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>, Joel Sherrill <joel at oarcorp dot com>, Kai Tietz <ktietz at redhat dot com>, Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>, David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>, Nicola Pero <nicola dot pero at meta-innovation dot com>, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 11:40:58 +0200
- Subject: Re: [build] Move gthr to toplevel libgcc
- References: <yddr54wrp4q.fsf@manam.CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> <BLU0-SMTP97C5A5D7528A0366AFD69497210@phx.gbl> <4E400578.firstname.lastname@example.org> <yddei0vsxvp.fsf@manam.CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> <BLU0-SMTP481590C2EAD2AA6DBBC89F97210@phx.gbl> <ydd1uwvswgi.fsf@manam.CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> <ydd1uv74nph.fsf@manam.CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
On 09/23/2011 11:23 AM, Rainer Orth wrote:
Rainer Orth<ro@CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> writes:
John David Anglin<email@example.com> writes:
I could find no indication that HP-UX 10 supported anything but DCE
threads (especially no POSIX threads), so _REENTRANT being defined must
meant DCE threads, unless I'm mistaken.
_REENTRANT doesn't imply DCE threads. The reentrant routines were added
to the non threaded version of libc in HP-UX 10 in preparation for the
to POSIX threads in HP-UX 11. We define _REENTRANT under other
circumstances in pa-hpux10.h as the reentrant routines are needed for
One could argue that it's the responsibility of libgfortran to do so if
But ok, I'll restore the definition and use of _DCE_THREADS in
pa-hpux10.h and gthr-dce.h.
Here's the updated patch with that change. I haven't yet rebased it
to current mainline (will do so for the whole patch series over the
weekend), and it still requires the previous libgcc patches to apply
Ok with a couple of changes:
* gthr-posix.h, gthr-single.h, gthr.h: Move to ../libgcc.
Move gthr-posix.h to config/
* config/m32r/linux.h (SUBTARGET_CPP_SPEC): Don't define _PTHREADS
* config/mn10300/linux.h (CPP_SPEC): Likewise.
* config/netbsd.h (NETBSD_CPP_SPEC): Likewise.
* config/sh/linux.h (SUBTARGET_CPP_SPEC): Likewise.
* config/sol2.h (CPP_SUBTARGET_SPEC): Likewise.
Don't commit these, not yet at least (well, for Solaris it's your choice).
* config.host (thread_header, thread_dir): New variables.
Set it depending on target_thread_file.
Move to configure.ac, and remove the indirection on thread_dir (i.e.
just set thread_header).