Re: hash policy patch

On 09/17/2011 11:27 AM, François Dumont wrote:
Paolo, I know that using float equality comparison is not reliable in general and I have remove the suspicious line but in this case I can't imagine a system where it could fail.
As a general policy, in the testsuite we should never assert equality of floating point quantities, sooner or later that would byte us, and very badly (just search our Bugzilla or the web if you are not convinced). And, given that, I don't think we should waste time figuring out whether in specific cases, for specific machines, actually it would be safe to do it.