Re: hash policy patch

On 09/06/2011 09:35 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
On 09/06/2011 09:18 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
Sure, we can use a double (I can do that as part of the patch I posted today), seems a good idea. Note that the unordered containers code, at first had already some issues with 32-bit vs 64-bit: for sure the issue you are pointing out is much less noticeable with 32-bit longs.
Actually, I'm going to use consistently long double in these functions: should be more than enough in terms of precision at least for 21st century machines ;)

Paolo.

Ok, I let you finalize this part then, indeed long double will be even better.

I had plan on my side to use a '+ 1' on calls to the refactored _M_next_bkt, but I think a ceil should be fine too.

François