This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix libstdc++/45711: --enable-libstdcxx-debug on darwin
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf dot Wildenhues at gmx dot de>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 21:27:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix libstdc++/45711: --enable-libstdcxx-debug on darwin
- References: <20100920192205.GG22704@gmx.de>
On 09/20/2010 09:22 PM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> I can reproduce the issue by simulating broken install and mkdir
> programs. The patch below should fix it.
> OK for trunk?
Yes, thanks a lot Ralf.
> The 4.5 branch probably has this issue as well, and 4.4 hasn't, because
> it used older autotools which didn't provide MKDIR_P yet (and mkdir_p is
> computed differently).
> There is a workaround: specify absolute $INSTALL at toplevel configure,
> for example:
> ../gcc/configure INSTALL="`pwd`/../install-sh -c"
> With that in mind, I'll leave you to decide whether a backport to 4.5 is
> desirable. If you agree, I'll do it.
As we often do in such cases, I'm in favor of testing a bit the patch in
mainline and, if everything goes well, backporting it to the release
branch, say in 1 week or so.