Re: gcc-4.5.1 failing test: FAIL: abi_check

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 12:11, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
> (Sorry for the late reply, I've been offline.)
>
> On 31 August 2010 14:04, Tom Browder wrote:
>> Attached is the output log from:
>>
>> $ ../gcc-4.5.1/configure --disable-multilib
>> --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --disable-nls
>> --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran
>
> If you disable NLS then some locale-related tests won't work properly.
>
> If you configure with a different ABI then the ABI checks will fail.
>
> Nothing surprising here.

Thanks, Jonathan, you're correct of course.  Originally I was confused
by the requirement of certain locales for the abi check, but with help
here and looking at the tests I see what is happening.

I have found that I can get a reliable abi_check pass (assuming the
locales are correct) by adding the "--with-gettext" option to
configure and that seems to fix it on the hosts I have to work with.

I still think the gcc build instructions need a touch up in this area
and will propose a patch later.

Regards,

-Tom

Thomas M. Browder, Jr.