Re: [v3] <regex> implementation foundation, version 2

On 06/21/2010 08:58 PM, Stephen M. Webb wrote:
> Version 2 of <regex>, now with the following:
>
> o  long lines have been fixed
> o  everything is now in headers (no ABI failures from library)
> o  more test cases

Thanks.

Please add definiitions for those const static data members, I'm not
comfortable with playing such undefined behavior tricks just to spare a
few lines, in these times of whole program optimization, etc. It's
risky. I may bu guilty myself of some in the past, that's not an excuse.

Another change we should make, *.tcc files, by definition host *out of
line* functions: thus, the functions which we decided, for now at least,
to have inline in headers, should be simply defined in the class body,
in the *.h file. In any case, stuff like the _State constructors should
be inline anyway. I'm also seeing _M_lookup_classname, for example, out
of line, and it's also tiny. In general, remember, in our library *tiny*
functions are inline, and defined in the class body itself, in the *.h file.

Thanks,