Re: [v3] libstdc++/16896

On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 07:43:01PM +0100, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I decided to fix this long standing issue with un-uglifed names, in the
> straightforward way, thus rename in the headers and keep on exporting
> for ABI-stability the old names too. I also took the occasion to
> rationalize a bit the names of the *.cc files, thus use *-aux.cc for
> files always included, never compiled alone, and fold back
> limits_c++0x.cc in limits.cc, which now makes sense because we have been
> compiling for a while some old C++03 *.cc files with -std=gnu++0x, to
> expose new C++0x exports. Tested x86_64-linux, debug-mode and
> parallel-mode too.

This is all well and good but now building the library fails in limits.h on
linux x86-64. It seems as if the src/debug/Makefile isn't automatically
updated and so it tries to build the removed limits_c++0x.o and fails
miserably.
I then tried to remove the offending Makefile and run config.status in the
libstdc++ root directory. Now I got really surprised since the build failed
as there was no src/debug/Makefile.

Loking into the generation (an unholy mix of config.status and make) I
think that attached patch would make it better.

With that said I still think it would be a good idea to add
src/debug/Makefile:src/Makefile.in to AC_CONFIG_FILES.

/MF