Re: Enabling the ieee1003.1-2001 clocale on Solaris 2

Hi Paolo,

> > Unfortuntely, I haven't received any comments on my patch
> >
> > 	http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2009-10/msg00008.html
> >
> > in two weeks.  Any takers?
> >
> Probably I can help, I know pretty well this code. In general, however,
> I think you can test these changes much better than me, thus I think
> it's important to know which testsuite results you are getting. Overall,

as I've mentioned, I've already uploaded the testsuite results to the PR at

	http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=18695

> your work which - if I understand correctly - tries as much as possible
> to keep the implementation details consistent with the existing practice
> for the other locale models, seems to me certainly sensible.

At the moment I'm particularly looking for suggestions how to handle the
problems I outlined:

* differences in locale names across platforms

* locales completely missing on some platforms

* implications of message_base::catalog type change on binary compatiblity

Thanks.
	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Center for Biotechnology, Bielefeld University