RE: Enabling the ieee1003.1-2001 clocale on Solaris 2 (was: RE: Solaris GCC maintainer question...)

> If this can all be fixed, the next step woult be to enable this
> clocale implemenatation by default on Solaris 2.  As of now,
> there's no configure code to do this.  Before, I'll have to
> verify when the functions used were introduced in Solaris 2 to
> avoid possibly breaking older releases.

Well, I can confirm the C routine setlocale is available on Solaris 8
and newer because that's what we used to get around the current
limitation in std::locale on Solaris.

Thanks Rainer for your work on this!

Todd