This is the mail archive of the libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the libstdc++ project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

ld warning ?


Hi all,

After building GCC on OpenSolaris, I get this message when compiling
a trivial c++ program (it showed up while compiling a very large application).


langston@alpha:~/TEST$ g++ tester.cpp
ld: warning: file /usr/local/gcc-4.3.3/lib/gcc/i386-pc-solaris2.11/4.3.3/../../../libstdc++.so: section .strtab: malformed string table, initial or final byte


I used these options to configure:

configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-4.3.3 --with-gmp=/usr/local --with-mpfr=/usr/local --with-as=/usr/sfw/bin/gas --with-gnu-as --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld --without-gnu-ld --enable-shared

The next steps were gmake, then gmake install, I received no build errors and everything
installed.


langston@alpha:~/TEST$ which ld
/usr/ccs/bin/ld
langston@alpha:~/TEST$ which as
/usr/ccs/bin/as
langston@alpha:~/TEST$ which gas
/usr/sfw/bin/gas
langston@alpha:~/TEST$ which g++
/usr/local/gcc-4.3.3/bin/g++
langston@alpha:~/TEST$ g++ tester.cpp
ld: warning: file /usr/local/gcc-4.3.3/lib/gcc/i386-pc-solaris2.11/4.3.3/../../../libstdc++.so: section .strtab: malformed string table, initial or final byte




Any hints on what my be the reason for the message ?

Thanks,

Jim

--
/////////////////////////////////////////////

Jim Langston
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

(877) 854-5583 (AccessLine)
(513) 702-4741 (Cell)
AIM: jl9594
jim.langston@sun.com


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]