Re: [gcc 4.5 patch] Permit smaller hash tables for hash_map and hash_set

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 02:55:30PM -0800, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> > Anyway,
> > If Benjamin agrees to keep on maintaining those two containers vs
> > regressions caused by new commits, then fine, just go ahead, of
> > course.
>
> OK with me.

Great.  I would consider hash_set and hash_map to be more important in
practice than a number of things that are in the standard, because of
their very wide use (and because IMHO the committee erred in rejecting
them from the standard in the first place, though that's easier to see in
hindsight).  I think we're stuck with them.