Re: [c++0x] prototype <mutex> implementation

> Attached is an implementation of <mutex> based on pthreads.

Hmmm. I have been working on chapter 30 as well. Here's my current
status, before you get too far into it.

> How should we deal with this in the thread library?
> Should we #error out?

This is a really good question.

I think we have to decide what we want

mutex
thread
condition_variable

to mean on systems with --disable-threads, and do it consistently.

I think the choice is either
assume threads and error when not supported, or provide dummy versions
with
distinct linkage from "real" versions that are --enable-thread capable.

best,
-benjamin