Re: Removal of pre-ISO C++ items from include/backwards

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> 'deprecated' in the standard does not carry much semantics weight,
> unless the feature is also removed.  But, even then we would have to
> worry about existing codes that were written using the feature.

I have to admit I am also surprised about the use of "deprecated" in
the context of removing these headers.  My previous understanding was
that we'd announce deprecation (and issue warnings) for at least one
major release before actually removing the feature in a following one.

Gerald