Re: Weirdness with numeric_limits in new special functions

Paolo Carlini wrote:
Ed Smith-Rowland wrote:

I started working on this but then work flared up bug time.

I think I can return to this a week from now or maybe during this week.

Any news about this issue? If you do not expect to be able to work on it, please let me know and I will.

Thanks,
Paolo.

Paolo,

I started on this and then changed my mind about the approach.
These functions obey a scaling law that allows you to scale the arguments up by a factor and scale the function by an inverse factor.
I'm going to deploy this solution.

I also need to dig out the asymptotic forms of Bessel functions.

We'll have these in for 4.3 delivery for sure (sooner actually)

On a side note, I started work on accounting for where tr1::regex is in the tr1 progress chart.
So unless someone else has done this I'll keep going on it. It shouldn't take long and will help focus effort I think.

Ed