Re: libstdc++ not conforming with --enable-concepts-check?

On Sep 23, 2004, at 3:05 AM, Paolo Carlini wrote:

Hi again,

Yes, I'll play with that idea (starting with deque, just because
it's where I noticed it) and report how I get on.
(I haven't solved the linker errors I was getting the other day yet,
have bootstrapped again but not tested - had to watch Empire Strikes
Back last night :)

more data soon...

I have some, already (sorry couldn't resist!): as far as deque is concerned, I think we should just /remove/ those overloads! The point is that they are /not/ buying us anything in this specific case! (*) Do you agree?

Yes. I put them in a long time ago, before we had the language rule saying that default arguments were instantiated separately from the function. (i.e. if you supply both arguments then the default isn't instantiated) At the time this was the only way to make sure that you could have containers of elements that didn't have default constructors. It was important at the time, but it's now irrelevant.

--Matt