This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Gut install.html
- From: Jonathan Wakely <cow at compsoc dot man dot ac dot uk>
- To: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:54:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: Gut install.html
- References: <20040829235425.GA32666@disaster.jaj.com>
On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 07:54:25PM -0400, Phil Edwards wrote:
> This rips out all the instructions for how to set up separate source and
> build trees, the commands to issue, and so forth. Reactions?
I think that's a big improvement, the relevant bits are more obvious
now the cruft is gone.
I'm partly responsible for this, but there's some duplication between
the bottom of install.html and FAQ 2.6:
I don't think it hurts to have that info in two places, but I'll look at
merging the texts and making the FAQ just point to install.html to
answer the question once.